The Liebster Award:
Liebster is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. The Liebster Award is for your favorite or beloved bloggers who deserve some love in their lives.
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions from Destiny and my answers:
1. What is the longest slump you’ve ever been in?
There was a while in my freshman year of college where I basically didn’t read for pleasure at all. I went months without reading something new. Dark times, Harry. Dark times.
2. Do you prefer ARCs or finished copies of books?
I’m still new, so I’ve only gotten a few ARCs, and those have been ebooks basically in their finished state, so there hasn’t been much difference.
3. What is your favorite review you’ve ever written (not based on views/likes, but your feelings)?
What a great question… I really enjoyed writing about Emily X.R. Pan’s The Astonishing Color of After.
4. What was the last song you fell in love with?
I’ve been listening to the Mean Girls Broadway cast recording a lot this summer, and I have many many feelings about “It Roars,” which is adorable and contains maybe my favorite lyric about adolescence I’ve ever heard in a musical:
Did you ever get the feeling
Everybody else is happy
Everybody else has friends
And they’re better friends than yours?
It’s a very recent feeling
But it’s running through my body
And it roars.
5. What type of YouTube videos do you most commonly watch?
I watch a lot of Booktube (I recently started my own channel!) and a fair amount of analysis of movies and TV. My favorite videos would have to be blooper reels. Give me a compilation of like six season’s worth of tv show bloopers and I’m a very happy camper.
6. Do you have a favorite holiday? If so, why did you pick it?
CHRISTMAS! Because christmas christmas christmas.
7. Be honest: have you ever bought a book mostly just for its cover?
Probably… but can’t think of any right now. I suppose that when I find up a book I haven’t heard of and read the blurb and buy it because it looks good, it was the cover that made me pick it up in the first place.
8. Do you like to keep your books pristine, or “live in” them with highlighters, tabs, annotations, etc.?
I like my books worn and loved and maybe underlined, but never ever highlighted.
9. What is the most money you’ve ever spent on one book, and would you do it again?
The textbook for my Psych 100 class in college. I bought it used on ebay and still spent a fortune. If I had to do it again, I’d probably spend more time exploring other options at least.
10. Do you use any method to keep track of your TBR, like a TBR jar, spreadsheet, notebook, etc.?
11. Roughly estimate this one: how many more books can you fit on your current shelves before needing a new bookcase?
Bold of you to assume I keep my books in a bookcase.
I do have a small shelf in my room, but it’s been full for ages with books I’ve had for a long time. I keep a bunch above my desk. I read a ton of library books, and those just live in piles everywhere and in my car until they get returned.
It’s wonderful literary chaos.
Here are my nominations! Check out all these wonderful blogs:
- Megan at The Cozied Reader
- Heather at The Sassy Book Geek
- Caidyn and Chantel at BW Reviews
- Rendz at Reading With Rendz
- Kerri at Carolina Book Belle
- Kristi at Confessions of a YA Reader
- Caitlynn, Eden, and Jenn at Thrice Read
- Danielle at Books, Vertigo and Tea
And my questions:
- What 2018 release isn’t getting enough attention?
- Do you like listening to audiobooks?
- What do you love seeing on a book cover?
- What do you hate seeing on a book cover?
- What fictional character do you imagine looks the most like you?
- Live TV shows with weekly episodes or streaming shows that drop a whole season at once?
- Does chocolate qualify as a kind of candy?
- What does your TBR look like right now?
- Favorite blog post you created this month?
- How many one-star reviews have you given?
- How many five-star reviews have you given?